[orca-list] Orca stutters when editing text with activated word echo

Hi,
in my former mail I mentioned a stuttering/gibbering of Orca while
editing text in Seamonkey's mail client.
In the meantime I've tested this with other mail clients and Gedit, and
I've to notice the same behavior, although not that extreme:
In Evolution's mail editor it's nearly the same, and also in Gedit Orca
starts stuttering when I type fast.
I have to change typing echo to chars, but this is not my favorite
setting.
So what may cause this?
Hermann