Sent: Friday, April 03, 2009 5:40 AM
Subject: [orca-list] Orca, Tool Tips And Icon Tray

Hi List,

I am not sure of the term, but I believe the Linux equivalent of the Windows System tray is called the Icon tray or top/bottom edge panel.  Please correct me for future reference so I can better describe my issue.

In any case, for the past 2 days, I have been getting some sort of tool tip alert saying that an update is available and that I should click on the icon for detailed information.  Orca reads this just fine (developers have nailed this down a lot quicker than the Windows screen reader people did) but I don't know how to access this tool tip to read the details?  Is there a technique that will allow Orca to easily focus on this icon and click on it?  If not, how can I solve this problem?  The tool tip itself gives no indication.  It just says click on this icon for details.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.