Re: [orca-list] installing the svn sources of Orca

Hi Scott:

These commands might help you and the other person who's trying to build from svn:

sudo apt-get build-dep at-spi
sudo apt-get build-dep gnome-orca
sudo apt-get gnome-common

Note that if you are using Ubuntu Intreprid, you probably already have the latest stuff.

Will

Scott Berry wrote:
        hello again,

here is my secon problem it's a lot more difficult.  I am trying to
install Orca from svn.  I have installed gail and atk.  They both did
fine.
here is what I have done.  I am using Ubuntu as the Linux OS.

1.  now I am trying to install at-spi and it seems to want to give me
some trouble.  I had to install dock-book and also a xsl file but I do
not remember the name of it.  I also had to install the newest glib from
source because I didn't see it in the Ubuntu packages.  So now when i
do:

"./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr --execdirlib=/usr/lib/at-spi"

I get the following error message:

Checking for required m4 macros.

Error:
Some autoconf macros required to build at-spi were not found in your
aclocal path or path or some forbidden macros were found.  Perhaps you
need to adjust your ac-local_flags?

2. I don't understand the error message and what do I need to do next
with this then? 1.