Re: [orca-list] [Fwd: Announcing Orca v2.24.0]

You need to change the references for hardy to intrepid in /etc/apt/sources.list and use sudo apt-get update and sudo apt-get dist-upgrade or sudo update-manager -d. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Rich Caloggero" <rjc MIT EDU>
To: <deprice cs utah edu>; "Christian" <christian08 runbox com>
Cc: <William Walker Sun COM>; <gnome-accessibility-list gnome org>; <orca-list gnome org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2008 2:16 PM
Subject: Re: [orca-list] [Fwd: Announcing Orca v2.24.0]

Stupd question, but how do I upgrade to the next higher version of ubuntu
(intrepid). For that matter, how do I find out what it hthinks is currently
installed?
I say:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dis-upgrade
sudo apt-get upgrad

... none of that does anything. Just tells me there is nothing new to
install.
Does this mean I'm up to date?

I've looked at the orca wiki many times about how to get sysadmin stuff to
work with orca, but never have been able to use anything else other than
apt-get. Is this a concern here, or can apt-get be used to upgrade the
entire OS?

Thanx in advance.
-- Rich

----- Original Message ----- From: "David E. Price" <deprice cs utah edu>