[orca-list] gnome-speech-swift

Hi,

I installed Ubuntu Intrepid over the weekend. I then installed Cepstral Callie, tested it, and installed the gnome-speech-swift package. Unfortunately, the Cepstral voice would not appear in the Orca Preferences speech settings.

To solve this problem, I added, as root, the line "/opt/swift/lib" to the file /etc/ld.so.conf and ran, again as root,ldconnfig. I logged off and back in again, and the Cepstral voice now appears in the Orca Preferences dialog.

The wiki page says that this step is not necessary, but it appears to be so. Either that or, and I'm ignorant of how packages work, there is a problem with the gnome-speech-swift package.

dave