Re: [orca-list] ot:firefox 3.1

On 09.09.2008 at 16:28:43 Guy Schlosser <guyster bex net> wrote:

First off, I would like to apologize for this post being off-topic.
However, I want to run this by everyone, just in case someone may have
an idea or two.  For the pure hell of it, I installed the pre-beta of
firefox 3.1 on my Ubuntu Intrepid system.  I have it installed up in
/opt/firefox, and when I run it, none of my plugins are available (ex:
totem wma plugin, gxine for Sirius, etc.)  I got flash in the list by
copying the flashplayer-alternative file from /usr/lib/firefox/plugins
to my similar folder in /opt.  Do I have to do the same for the
others, or is there an easier way to acomplish this?  The weirdness
was, my webvisum and navigation bundle extentions were available
without issue.

You have to repeat the procedure with all your plugins, or you can set
symlinks in your Firefox 3.1 folder.
The reason why your add-ons are there is, that they are stored in your
personal Firefox folder under /home/yourusername/.mozilla.
Hermann