Re: [orca-list] Need some Orca help/hints

Hi Ashis:

These instructions *may* help, but I'm not sure what version of GNOME FC9 is using (gnome-about --version) and/or if FC9 has done anything to enable/disable accessible login.

http://live.gnome.org/Orca/AccessibleLogin

Will

ashis v purbhoo exxonmobil com wrote:
All -

Looks like I've got FC9 into our test environment.  I'm trying to figure
how to make it work with login screen talk to me, is this possible?

I saw a some instructions for Solaris how do I do this for FC9?

Thanks.

Regards,
Ashis

This communication may contain privileged or other confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient, or believe that you may
have received this communication in error, please reply to the sender
indicating that and delete the copy you received. In addition, you should
not print, copy, retransmit, disseminate, or otherwise use the information
contained in this communication. Thank You.

Willie Walker <William.Walke r Sun COM> To Sent by: ashis v purbhoo exxonmobil com William.Walker cc @Sun.COM DON RAIKES ORACLE COM, orca-list gnome org Subject 06/12/08 08:45 Re: [orca-list] Need Orca AM installation tip/guidelines

Hi Ashis:

Orca is under continual development, and we rarely backport fixes from
new versions of Orca to older versions.  So, the benefits of using a
more modern Orca are that it contains more fixes and features than past
versions.  The same applies to GNOME itself.  The NEWS file for Orca
contains all the details:

http://svn.gnome.org/svn/orca/trunk/NEWS

The Orca road map contains a summary:

http://live.gnome.org/RoadMap/Orca

Will

What are the drawbacks from using GNOME 2.16/2.18 and Orca?  What are
the
items gained from using GNOME 2.22?

Thanks.

Regards,
Ashis Purbhoo
BLI / Technical Systems / Engineering
ExxonMobil GSC - Information Technology
Office: 713.431.4875, Fax: 713.431.7911
GSC-GW3-504B
[...]

             05/19/08 02:13           Re: [orca-list] Need Orca
             PM                       installation tip/guidelines

Hi Ashis:

This list seems about right.  I don't work on RHEL, however, so I might
be making some assumptions about dependencies that I'm not aware of.

If possible, you should try to go with GNOME 2.22.x for a stable
release
of GNOME.  Since they are part of GNOME, this should also get you Orca,
ATK, GAIL, and AT-SPI.

Then, try applying some form of the directions at
http://live.gnome.org/Orca/JABG to get the Java Access Bridge for
GNOME.
  By "some form", I mean that the instructions on the WIKI were most
likely written for Ubuntu and not RedHat.

I don't have experience with BrlTTY on RedHat or Fedora, so I don't
know
if there are any quirks with it there.  Users on this list might be
able
to help, though.

CBE is only needed for Solaris, so you don't need it for RHEL.

Hope this helps.  If you get it to work, would you consider adding a
section on the WIKI for it?

Will

   GNOME v2.22 or v2.23 w/ Orca Screen Reader v2.22 or v.2.23
   BrITTY v3.8 or better
   Java Access Bridge (JABG) v1.5
   Java v6 to build/compile JABG
   Common Build Environment JDS CBE v1.6
   ATK v2.0, GAIL v1.8.11, AT-SPI v1.7.7 will need to compiled &
installed