[orca-list] Hello and an introduction

Hello folks,

My name is James Austin and I am a long time blind computer user who has used both Windows and Mac OS X. I am considering switching to Linux from Windows XP or runing both side-by-side. I have one or two questions if that is okay;

1. Is it possible to run/install Ubuntu or Frespire with Orca during installation?

2. How does Linux know which drivers are used for sound etc?

3. It is easy to install apliations in Linux?

Thank you

Best wishes

James