Re: [orca-list] Clicking on images in Firefox

Joanmarie Diggs writes:
One thing I have had problems with, however, is when web pages supply
clickable images, that is images with javascript attached, but that are not
links.  I am just wondering if this is a known issue.

It is (comes up periodically on this list) but not one we've had time to
evaluate yet. If you wouldn't mind filing a bug against Orca (preferably
with specific examples of such images) we'll take a look.

Filed as bug 558015.  I made a trivial example that ilustrates
the problem.

Jason White writes:

[Hi Jason!  I think we were in touch before, when my lastname was Nilsson
and I tried to create a program to create braille from SGML.  Anyway...]

I haven't experimented with this, but can you reach tehse images (or, rather,
the ALT text for the images) in flat review mode? If so, there are keys
available in flat review to generate mouse events, which might help.

that actually works in the trivial example I created:
http://www.famlundblad.se/click.html

As I wrote in the bug, however, my real example is a horribly complex
web page with frames and nested tables, and there flat review
is hard to use.  The fact that it *is* possible to click at all
makes me optimistic that this should be solvable without too
much work, though.  Thanks for the tip, anyways.

Thanks,
//Peter