Re: [orca-list] orca and open office 3

hi Hermann and List,

i installed the "native" version.

the trick is:
in the deb-folder the is an underfolder, with the Package to install it
in the Gnomemenus.
I'm sorry - i don't know the exact name anymore and i deleted the
installdirectory

Other way:
/opt/openoffice.org3/program/swriter
for calc the same with "scalc"
greatings
Lutz

Am Sonntag, den 19.10.2008, 17:09 +0200 schrieb Hermann:
On 19.10.2008 at 16:46:08 "mike" <kb8aey verizon net> wrote:

Hi, I have heard that open office 3 is suppose to be more accessible. Has anyone tried the beta with
ubuntu? If so is it any better. I downloaded a file, but never could get it to install. By the way, when
is it suppose to be released. I saw September, but it must have been delayed.

It was released in the last week. I also tried to install it without any
success:
Because it doesn't come with the Gutsy repo, I downloaded a Debian
package from:
http://www.openoffice.org/
There's no install script, but an update one. That did nothing: It
demands the install path of OO, but when I entered it, it says that
there's no operand (whatever that means).
So I entered the Deb subdirectory and did:
dpkg -i *.deb
which installed about 160 MB of packages within a minute, which made me
doubt, that the procedure went right; there were no error messages.
However: OO started with the version 2.3.0, which is the latest that
comes with Gutsy. Moreover I couldn't figure out where all the packages
were installed.
So I restored my system image and leave things as they are.
I suspect we simply have to wait till the OO packages get uploaded into
our distro's repository.
Hermann