Re: [orca-list] orca crashes in listviews and treeviews in intrepid

On 18.10.2008 17:21, tony bernedal net wrote:
Hi all
I noticed here when I'm playing around in intrepid (ubuntu 8.10), that
orca crashes in listviews and treeviews. I have my nautilus for
example set to listview instead of icon view and that crashes orca.
The treeview in rhythmbox also crashes but there is the rhythmbox
program that goes away. Also in orcas own dialog under keybindings
orca crashes in listview.

You have to be aware that Intrepid is still under development. Orca itself runs stable on my machine (Gutsy).
I use the latest Orca from svn.

I wich I never tried this, thats the most unstable release of ubuntu
and orca i have tried so far. but now, it's too late to downgrade if I
don't wanna install 8.04 again and do the thing from scratch.

Why don't you create an image of your old system, before doing experimental stuff? I did a similar experiment this evening with OO 3.0, which I couldn't install successful on my machine. Before I did this, I made an image using Partimage, a program that comes with the Austrian distro GRML:
http://grml.org
In case of accidents you simply restore the image.
GRML comes with brltty and Speakup, in case you use speech only.
Hermann