[orca-list] New audio walk through available. Upgrade at-spi in Ubuntu Intrepid.

Evening all,

I was asked some time ago to record a walk through to guide users
through the process of installing AT-SPI from SVN.  It's documented
well on the Orca website but perhaps some users may benefit from a
more guided approach.

So, finally, after wanting to do it for a few months, I got around to
it this evening.

You'll find the file at
http://www.digitaldarragh.com/linux/upgrade-at-spi-ubuntu-8-10.mp3

The walk through demonstrates:
Installing atk, gail and at-spi via SVN.
quickly installing Orca via SVN.  This hasn't been focused upon during
this recording as I have demonstrated it a lot in the past during
other demonstrations.
a demonstration of firefox accessibility.

unfortunately, at the end, while trying to advertise the keyboard map
feature, I came across what seems to be a big.  When you arrow around
the tabs at the top of the window, it looks like Orca is reading one
tab ahead.  I noticed this before upgrading AT-SPI and Orca.  However,
more importantly, when you arrow to the table header and arrow down,
orca stops speaking and the orca preferences dialogue closes.

It would be great if Orca was a bit more responsive while navigating
through web pages.  It seems like it lags for a few seconds either
while a page is loading or just after it has loaded.

Anyway, hopefully someone will find this useful.

Darragh
www.digitaldarragh.com
www.digitaldarragh.com/linuxat.asp