Re: [orca-list] Congratulations to SUN microsystems company, opensolaris is working ammazingly

This is very much what I find with OpenSolaris, things just seem to work fairly well. Other than the audio stuff, there are things which seem to work straight out of the box on my laptop which take a bit of configuring in Linux (eg. the lid sensor doesn't seem to work correctly on Linux, sometimes even crashing the machine in gnome, but on OpenSolaris this just works as one would expect). The only problems I have are actual bugs rather than design issues, and I look forward to when those bugs are resolved.

Just to clear a few things up. Solaris isn't Linux, it falls in the wider category of unix. In the main things will be very close to Linux but there are some differences (eg. the kernel and drivers may differ from the Linux ones).

It really is a good start and I look forward to future versions which hopefully will improve on what is already there.

Michael Whapples