Re: [orca-list] orca and evolution problem

You may wish to look at thunderbird 3. It normally isn't incuded in distributions but you can download a nightly snapshot pre-built version for Linux from the mozilla ftp website. To instal those nightly snapshots, just unpack it into any directory and launch the thunderbird executeable. If you have one of those multimedia keyboards with a button for email it is possible to set it up so that when you hit the email key thrunderbird 3 launches automatically (that is what I have done here).

The only thing I will say about thunderbird 3 is that it is in development and so things may change and possibly some nightly builds may not work properly. Having said that, I believe that thunderbird could become the preferable email client for use with orca (it doesn't suffer from some of the bugs evolution does, eg. moving at-spi focus from whatever item is being used when a new message arrives, speaks next message when you delete a message from the list, orca doesn't seem to be slo to respond when editing a long message, etc).

Michael Whapples