Re: [orca-list] linux sound issues Re: Opensolaris Vs. Ubuntu

Hello,
On Do, Nov 13, 2008 at 12:17:22 +0000, Michael Whapples wrote:
I have to say I agree so much there.

Thanks.

I agree that gnome-speech should provide audio output for the synths
rather than leaving it to the synth. If this was done then that is one
large problem with gnome-speech solved.

What about console screenreaders?
You are right that will fix a great problem but doesn't handle
other needs. I want to be able to use the same
synth under console and gnome.
I don't want to run gnome to have speech in textconsole.
BTW. I don't know if this is possible to use gnomespeech in no gnome apps.

As for making speech-dispatcher default, does speech-dispatcher work on
all the platforms orca does? If not then this could be a problem.

Maybe the authors can answer to this.
BTW. brltty isn't part of gnome.
This is not a problem for orca!
Maybe we should create a gnome-braille-server to handle braille and use gnome-speech for speech.
Greetings

Halim