Re: [orca-list] Are list memberws using different distros

wait litle here
can anyone tell me how to install slackware with braille?

-----Original Message-----
From: orca-list-bounces gnome org [mailto:orca-list-bounces gnome org]On
Behalf Of Willie Walker
Sent: den 10 november 2008 23:33
To: orca-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [orca-list] Are list memberws using different distros

We can add OpenSolaris to the mix now.  See also
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/orca-list/2008-November/msg00127.html.

Will

On Mon, 2008-11-10 at 21:12 +0000, Michael Whapples wrote:
I use slackware. This does need either a braille display or a hardware
synthesiser for an accessible install. Whilst speakup is a kernel
patch, it doesn't require you to compile your kernel, some distros
(eg. slackware (www.slackware.com) or grml (www.grml.org)) come with
kernels with speakup already compiled in. As an extra note about GRML,
although it uses speakup on the CD, you don't need a hardware synth to
use it as it comes with all the software for using speakup with a
software synth.

Another alternative if you have access to more than one computer is to
do a remote install via telnet, ssh or even a serial console. I don't
know too much about these options as I am fortunate enough to have
both a hardware synth and a braille display.

Michael Whapples