[orca-list] grade 2 braille

Hello Orca folks!

It's the season again, Intrepid is out the door, and we are still in the beginning of the GNOME 2.26 cycle. This is an excellent time to smooth out the liblouis issues, and have it easily available on Orca in the next cycle of distros.

I don't frequently read this list, but I know that getting Orca to run with liblouis is not easy. This must end!

I plan to spend a day next week getting liblouis in shape, this includes factoring out the C bindings that are in Orca today, and replacing them with ctypes bindings in the liblouis package itself. This is because of NVDA input, it is easier for them to use ctypes, and we should share python bindings.

This will also simplify the Orca configure/build process, since we could just check for the liblouis module at runtime, and enable that combo box.

That is a partial brain dump. I am telling you all this to get approval, feedback, and maybe even hold me to my word, so this happens next week.

Cheers,
  Eitan.