From: orca-list-bounces gnome org [mailto:orca-list-bounces gnome org] On
Behalf Of Janina Sajka
Sent: Saturday, May 31, 2008 12:52 PM
To: Orca List
Subject: Re: [orca-list] Fedora install guide

If you'd like, I'd be happy to read it and give you feedback.

PS: Is there some particular reason you feel it necessary to build Orca
for Fedora? Some reason why the Red Hat supplied rpm packages of Orca
aren't acceptable? If so, perhaps we should tell Red Hat to do things
differently, rather than telling people they have to build Orca
themselves. After all, I suspect most users want to use the technology
to do tasks, and not to get all involved in building and configuring.

Janina

Chris Norman writes:
Hi All,
I have written a guide on installing Fedora with telnet, and building
orca so it works, and all that sort of stuff. It's in english, but I
want to release it to whatever documentation project(s) would benefit
from it the most.

Who should I send this to? I want others to benefit from the pain in the
arse I had installing fedora, and in this file are documented all the
hang ups I found.

I don't know if the speakup folks or the gnomes or neither want it, but
I think it'll benefit someone.

Cheers all,

--
Chris Norman <chris norman4 ntlworld com>

Janina Sajka,   Phone:  +1.202.595.7777;        sip:janina a11y org
Partner, Capital Accessibility LLC      http://CapitalAccessibility.Com

Marketing the Owasys 22C talking screenless cell phone in the U.S. and
Canada

Chair, Open Accessibility       janina a11y org
Linux Foundation                http://a11y.org