From: "Daniel Dalton" <d dalton iinet net au>
To: "Earle" <e zwicker sympatico ca>
Cc: "orca list" <orca-list gnome org>
Sent: Saturday, May 24, 2008 11:54 PM
Subject: Re: [orca-list] Editing The Sudoers File While Using the Live CD

On Sat, 24 May 2008, Earle wrote:

I'm using the live cd for the latest version of ubuntu.  I want to edit the sudoers file, but I can't
figure out how
do it.  I'm trying to enable system admin, so that I can get into gparted.  I've followed the instructions
on the web
site, but when I type sudo visudo the sudoers file comes up in the terminal, but I can't figure out how to
edit it.  I
googled visudo and I read that I could type editor=nano then type sudo visudo, and that is supposed to make
the file

Actually
export EDITOR=nano
As long as nano is installed.
If it isn't installed (it probably is) apt-get install nano
(as root, so with sudo)
Then visudo should open in nano.
The default editor is vi I think.
Which is quite complicated to use, I haven't learnt to use it yet.

--
Daniel Dalton

http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/
<d dalton iinet net au>