Re: [orca-list] Extremely Urgent, and I do mean urgent

I assume you have tried the share before, and actually made sure that it
works? (with another windows machine.)

Another thing that might be blocking access, is your windows firewall,
you should allow connections to port 139.
And then you can check that it is open by doing:
telnet WindowsHostName 139 (from the linux box)
if you get connected and its just sitting there then the port is indeed
open, and there is something wrong
entering the commands for mounting.
If this doesnt work, you can disable the firewall temporarily and try
again.
(You can just kill the telnet session without any issues)

An alternative which might be more reliable to set up, is to have a ssh
server (probably from cygwin) running on your windows machine, then you
can sshfs mount it  from your linux machine, this means that you get
secure transmission of data between you and the fileserver. In terms of
processing lag, you shouldnt notice anything major as long as the
machines are reasonably specked.

googleing  sshfs would give you more info if you wanted to try this
other alternative.

-Jon