Re: [orca-list] orca going dead in hardy

Hi,
Agree with you, cody. It's strange. Orca didn't do this until Ubuntu 8.04, and it even did that in the betas of 8.04. I didn't say anything because I thought it would have been fixed by the final release.
Thanks,
Jeffrey

2008 Top Ten Finalist
Networking Concepts
North Carolina FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America)
Croatan High School
Check Out my blog!
The URL is
http://jeffreyshockley.livejournal.com
Check out my website!
The URL is
http://jawswizard.googlepages.com
"You learn something new every day!"
"You can do anything if you put your mind to it!"
"It is not how we see that determines who we are. It is how we choose to see it."
--Doomed Dragon

Cody Hurst wrote:
This issue I have had as well and what I have seen is that if orca is
not talking but is still running, the alt f2 orca thing will not work
it is quite annoying. after typing orca and pressing enter it will
state that it couldn't open it. Sometimes launching root aps from the
user account will lock orca up completely. I haven't the slightest
idea why this happens. My system is up to date and it doesn't seem to
lag as much as it did when I first installed it, though the root aps
issues can get quite annoying, considering I don't have memorized what
is and is not root
Thanks

CJdy