Re: [orca-list] Connecting to a wireless network with Orca and Ubuntu?

Hi,
First, you'll want to check whether your wireless card is supported.
You can easily do this by going to Applications menu/System/Administration/Network. Tab to the connections table, and if you see Wireless connection, then if it is disabled, check the box and click the properties button (This is how you connect to wireless netwroks, BTW.) If your wireless card is not supported, then you'll have to go find Windows driversdrivers for it and extract the Cab file,and some more things, but I forgot them.
HTH,
Jeffrey Shockley

2008 Top Ten Finalist
Networking Concepts
North Carolina FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America
Croatan High School
Check Out my blog!
The URL is
http://jeffreyshockley.livejournal.com
Check out my website!
The URL is
http://jawswizard.googlepages.com
"You learn something new every day!"
"You can do anything if you put your mind to it!"
"It is not how we see that determines who we are. It is how we choose to see it."
--Doomed Dragon

James Scholes wrote:
Hi all, I have just installed Ubuntu and up and running beautifully, however I can't find the option to connect to the internet using my wireless network. Where do I find this?
James Scholes
E-Mail: james jamesscholes com <mailto:james jamesscholes com>
MSN Messenger: jamesscholes msn com <mailto:jamesscholes msn com>
Skype: james.scholes
AOL Instant Messenger: JamesScholes000
Website: http://www.jamesscholes.com
Blog: http://www.jamesscholes.com/blog