Re: [orca-list] quick navigation keys in nautilus?

am Sa 17. Mai 2008 um 17:23:04 schrieb Mike Reiser <metalhead1009000 gmail com>:
Hello all,

In windows I'm able in a listview to press S to jump to the first itemm
that starts with the letter S.  However, in nautilus if I do this, I get
a search field.  Is there anyway to disable this so I can press S to get
to the item in question?  Thanks,

It's the very same in Nautilus, but it lasts a bit till you hear the
result.
Just try it and wait a few seconds.
Why that search field is shown, well that's something I don't know.
Hermann