Re: [orca-list] time...

Hi Will,

On Fri, 16 May 2008, Willie Walker wrote:

If you're doing this from Orca, you cannot do it in an infinite loop. If you do so, you will freeze the system as you have discovered.

Indeed :-)

An appropriate way to do this kind of thing would be to do one update at a time via a timeout (look for gobject.timeout_add calls in the Orca sources for an example).

Looks complicated, I am currently studying my python book and thought this could be a quick thing to impliment. Perhaps I should continue with my studying and not work on this until I get a better understanding of python?

Anyway how does this work? Does it just stop repeating the code once a timeout is reached?
Or does it stop when a certain event occurs?

Thanks for your reply!

Cheers,

Daniel.