Re: [orca-list] battery status in gnome

On 08/05/2008, mike coulombe <kb8aey verizon net> wrote:
Hi, Is there any easy way to get orca to read the battery status on laptops?
I am using ubuntu hardy.
Thanks Mike.
hi mike,
I hope you are aware of the fact that every laptop has many actions
which you can perform with the fn key and any of the function keys.
so there will be a combination of that key with any of the function
key to get the battery status.
on my IBM lenovo thinkpad it is function key and f3 and on the hp
compaq nx7300 it is fn and f8.
firstly, check if you have check the tool tips checkbox in your orca
preferences in general tab.
this is needed in some cases.
so in short you must use your laptop key combination to get the battery status.
happy hacking.
Krishnakant.