Re: [orca-list] Login Desktop, CMU Arctic, SAPI via Wine?

am Mo 05. Mai 2008 um 14:13:06 schrieb Veli-Pekka Tätilä <vtatila gmail com>:
[...]
2. I installed and configured one of the CMU Arctic voices for Festival as
detailed here:

Festival sees the voice OK and can use it but I don't see the voice at all
in Orca under Gnome speech. I've been unable to find any docs on which
config file to edit, to get arctic voices showing, either, and have Googled
a lot, actually. I am not using speech dispatcher and the speech test
program doesn't show my particular arctic voice. All the Festival voices I
installed via Synaptic, however, do show OK automagically, as do the Finnish
suopuhe voices.

Is this CMU voice your default voice in Festival? I think Orca only shows
the default voice of Festival and so does test-speech.
I quicly went through the howto you mentioned, and I think there are steps
described how you set the default voice of Festival.
Note: I'm not very familiar with Festival, since there is no German voice,
so I have to use Espeak.
Hermann