Re: [orca-list] AT-SPI error in openSuSE 10.3

Hello Martin,

On Mon, March 31, 2008 12:51 am, martin responsivehelp com wrote:
hi,
    using Orca with openSuSE 10.3 (and after setup/use orca for first
time) when session starts up an error message from AT-SPI registry
appears.
Maybe how to build at-spi in openSuSE can be helpfull

You can fix this by doing an online update using Yast.

This was a bug I reported when 10.3 was released and fortunately they
fixed it reasonably soon afterword.

Follow the below steps:
1.  Press control Alt F1.
2.  Log in as root.  supply the root username and password.
3.  type yast at  the command prompt.
4.  Wait about five seconds then press the tab key.
5.  Arrow down five times to configure online update.
Note:  Five is from memory.  It may be six.  If you can get sighted
assistance or connect via SSH I'd advise it.
6.  Press enter.
7.  Wait about a minute then press f10.
8.  Come back after about ten minutes.  Press Alt t to trust and import
the key that's waiting on the screen.
9.  After another few minutes, Press f9 a few times to bring you back to
the command prompt.
10.  Type yast again.
11.  Wait a few seconds for yast to load.  Press tab once then enter to
start the online update process.

There is a much better way of doing this if you have access to a screen
reader or sighted assistance but it's very difficult to do without really
knowing yast inside out.

Finally, give yast about five to ten minutes to refresh it's download
list.  Press f10 again to activate the next button.

Sorry there are so many steps to this.

If you want more help, try contacting the OpenSuSE support team and ask
for me directly.  If you've baught OpenSuSE, you should have the numbers
somewhere.  However, if it's a downloaded version, contact me off list.

Darragh
www.digitaldarragh.com