[orca-list] Problem with Orca Preferences

Hello all,
        I'm having a problem with Orca and the preferences dialog.
        I'd installed the Gnome-speech-swift package, plus Alison, and had then tried
to run the preferences dialog to change voices. But although Swift showed up, the voice
options were the same as for Espeak. So I left Orca altogether and
i then attempted removing my .orca folder and rerunning Orca, but the Preferences
dialog wouldn't come up, and nothing but keystrokes spoke.  What can I do to fix this?

Thanks,
Terrence