Re: [orca-list] gnome terminal questions

Hi Bart:

http://live.gnome.org/Orca/GnomeTerminal has information on cut/paste. Feel free to also add your own tips and tricks to the WIKI as you learn. :-)

For minicom, I'm not sure. It might be that it is not positioning the cursor correctly or in such a way that the AT-SPI is able to generate the appropriate caret movement events. I have a download/upgrade going now and will try to remember to test for this tomorrow.

Hope this helps!

Will

bart ursys com au wrote:
Hi all,

I've been trying to make friends with gnome terminal.  We almost like each other :).

I've got a couple of questions:

I remember someone posted to the list explaining how to cut and paste from gnome terminal.  I've managed to
figure out the paste but having trouble with highlighting text and then copying it.  Well, the trouble is
with the highlighting really.  Any explanation of how to do this with Orca would be welcome.  I've tried
using a left click and then moving the flat review cursor with no luck.

My second question is in regards to cursor or highlight tracking, not sure what it should be called.  For
example in minicom the menus work well when arrowing up and down.  However when you try and exit and get
presented with a yes no dialogue box it doesn't speak well at all.

Does anyone understand why this is?
Are there plans in the future to support this sort of thing in terminal applications better?

What can be done to help?

Regards

Bart