Re: [orca-list] Orca with OpenSuSE 10.3

Hello Martin,

On Sat, March 15, 2008 3:20 pm, Martin Peruchena wrote:
hi,
       somebody knows how to change Festival (Voice Sint.) and use eSpeak?

thanks
I'm working with OpenSuSE technical support at the moment.

I've been trying to get Speech-dispatcher installed for the last while but
I'm having absolutely no luck.  OpenSuSE is one of the most inaccessible
distributions you'll ever come across.

Yes, Orca is included but Accessibility has historically been an after
thought by OpenSuSE developers.  Marco Scambrax does a great job but I
think he's fighting an up hill battle.

In saying that, if you want a hand with anything feel free to email me.

By default, Gnome-speech is not built with any extras in OpenSuSE.
Installing the source isn't too hard though.  just install
gnome-speech-devel and you should get all the dependencies.

In a console, use the command: yast -i gnome-speech-devel

The packages in Marco's repository are build with the configuration of SBL
in mind and in the past have not worked for me with Orca.

Sorry I'm not more posative.

Darragh
www.digitaldarragh.com