Re: [orca-list] Getting the Speech as a Audiofile

On 3/14/08, Hermann <meinelisten onlinehome de> wrote:
am Fr 14. MÃr 2008 um 11:08:30 schrieb Santhosh Thottingal
<santhosh00 gmail com>:
I want to give a text to file to the APIs and want to get the
generated speech in a sound file, by selecting the driver using APIs.

For Espeak do:
espeak -f <textfile> -w <wavefile>
Or:
espeak -w <wavefile> "the text you want to record"
For more help type:
espeak -h
Note: You must do this in a terminal.
Thanks, but I know TTS applications provide these feature. Festival
also does the same. My question is whether gnome-speech wraps these
apis and give a generic api independent of the TTS.
Thanks
-Santhosh Thottingal