Re: [orca-list] miscellaneous Orca comments

So, this should present a well integrated gui+console environment.

Jason White writes:
On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 01:19:23PM -0400, Janina Sajka wrote:

I believe orca supports emacspeak drivers, though I don't know whether
that includes espeak.

Yes to both. There is an eSpeak Emacspeak server, and Emacspeak speech servers
are supported.

When I configured a recent version of Orca, it didn't offer Emacspeak speech
servers as an option; maybe it was looking for them under
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacspeak whereas I have Emacspeak installed under
my home directory, checked out from svn.

In any case, the Emacspeak speech server interface is common, and hence Orca
will support all of the Emacspeak servers available.