[orca-list] contacting skype users

i am very new to voice conferenceing so i don't know anything about voice applications such as skype or any of the other linux or windows applications although i have used msn to do keyboard chat. i am aware that a while ago on this list there seemed to be some heated discussion about skype not being accessible with orca or that it isn't a priority because there are other linux apps. i don't want to end up ruffling any feathers so to speak on the subjecct but a group of us in my local area have started a group to lease if you like between different blind organisations and try to provide services ie it training etc and none of the group at the moment apart from me use linux. one of the things they are wanting to do is to use voice conferenceing so we don't have to awl meet formally and the chairman and vice chairman are wanting people to use skype. if i am not gothe to be using skype are any of the linux alterantighes ie ekiga able to contact skype users? i ask this because i did have windows running on my desktop only spyhunter has put all applications out of action and i have not been able to fix it when i got a trojan on my system and tried to use spyhunter to remove it and it keeps uing up with a security message for the spyhunter guard or something so i am just using linux and my braillenote for internet access and email at the moment and i have not yet been able to encourage my group to use linux although it is something i have offered to help teach the basics of if we were to provide it training but the group is only interested in teaching windows screenreaders such as jaws and nvda etc at present.