Re: [orca-list] orca preferences

Christopher Moore wrote:
Hello,
Here's a real puzzler.
After starting orca, I get the preferences buttons. When I hit the keypad-8 key I hear
Preferences Quit label Help
I think we all know what the three buttons are all about. What does the word "label" indicate?

That's a stupid Orca-ism. In order to visually separate the Help button from the other two buttons, we put an empty label in there. We definitely should use the layout manager better so we can use it to do spacing instead of an empty label, but you've got me how to do it. I tried and couldn't figure it out (I've never met an IDE that I liked and Glade joins the crowd that keeps me scratching my head).

A related question is that navigation between the buttons can be done with the tab (as expected) but also with the arrow keys (why).

I'm not sure, but it's probably because the toolkit supports this. I don't think there's anything special we did to make that happen.

Will