Re: [orca-list] help with install

Hi,
I'm looking for some next suggestions.
I got an error installing TTsynth.
I renamed the file name to an easier to type file name.
I gave it the name of elocquence.deb
I am using Ubuntu.
I got the error that read:
an error has occured with the process
Or the wording was very similar.
I also tried it with the un-renamed file.
Here's what I did:
I did control + alt + F2 to enter a terminal
I logged in as me.
I used the CD command to get to the proper directory, which was confirmed by
sighted assistance, as I am working without speech in the terminal window.
then I did:
sudo dpkg -i filename
it read the package, and asked for my serial number
Then I entered my serial number and name, as the
company gave it to me.
then it came back with the aforementioned error.

Then I ran Janina's suggestion:
sudo apt-get -f install
and I got the question about whether I wish to continue,
and 0 bytes of the package will remain.
I did not realize this means the ttsynth package.
It removes ttsynth.
I don't understand how to get the dependancies that Janina mentioned below.
Thanks for any suggestions.
Glenn