Re: [orca-list] Firefox 3 find and alt tags

Sounds great to me.

Would we consider it a bug that FF3 isn't searching alt tags already? I
suspect only bugs are being addressed at this stage in the FF3 release
cycle.

Janina

David E. Price writes:
Hi,

I would like to raise an issue here to see whether it is worth filing an
RFE with the Firefox developers.

Are people interested in having the Firefox find utility include the
text of Alt tags in the search space?  For implementation, I would
suggest that there be a check box in the accessibility panel under
Advanced Preferences that allows the user to specify that they want the
text in alt tags searched.

The reason for the request is pages like  this:

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/forecast/MapClick.php?site=slc&smap=1&textField1=40.76083&textField2=-111.89028#contents

On this page, there are three locations that I navigate to on a regular
basis: forecast at a glance, detailed text forecast, and the current
conditions. For the first two of these, the only reliable indicators for
the locations on the page are images with alt tags.  Thus, I'd like to
use the find utility to move immediately to these alt tags. how does
everyone else feel about this idea?

Thanks,

dave