Re: [orca-list] help with install

Hi all

Lenny, you need to enter into a terminal session in order toexecute dpkg
commands.
Open gnome-terminal by typing alt + f2 and then gnome-terminal plus
enter key.

Then go to directory holding your copy of ttsynth
Your desktop and downloads directory would be
cd ~/Desktop/downloads

Now execute the command:
sudo dpkg -i name of package

Note that you have to use sudo to install programs because this is an
administrative task, and you need super user privileges.
Then enter your password and press enter, your package should install.
Read the terminal to see the results.

Hope this help

Javier

El sÃb, 01-03-2008 a las 21:39 -0600, Lenny Ervin escribiÃ:
Hi All,
I am hoping some of you might help me with installing my speech synths.
I purchased a couple, including TTSYNTH.
I have a folder on my desktop called "Downloads".
I copied the TTSYNTH file that I got after purchasing it to that folder.
Then I arrowed to it and tapped the applications key, and entered on "copy".
Then I did alt + F2, and typed:
dpkg -i "paste here"
I pasted the path & package name.
It was all there, and nothing happens when I press enter.
Do I need to use the command:
apt-deb
because it is a .deb file?
Thanks.