[orca-list] Orca synthesizer

Hi,
My name is Glenn, and I am new to the list.
I installed Ubuntu with Orca the other day, and I have been getting used to
the system with the software synth eSpeak.
I am hoping to find a synth that is easier to understand, like Elocquence,
or De ctalk.
Does anyone have any suggestions for these, like how much they cost, or
where to get them, or even other synths?
Also, I thought I'd try Festival, and I downloaded it with my Windows
computer, and I got the Tar.GZ file, and put it into the Linux machine, and
unpacked it, but I could not figure out how to install it, so any help with
installing packages would be great.
Thanks.