From: "Rich Burridge" <Rich Burridge Sun COM>
To: "Sérgio Neves" <sergionevess gmail com>
Cc: <orca-list gnome org>
Sent: Saturday, March 01, 2008 5:25 AM
Subject: Re: [orca-list] Dictionaries

Hi Sérgio,

I'd like to ask you one more thing, I think it's related to espeak's
dictionary.
For example: Sometimes, I don't want espeak to say the words "roman six"
when I write "vi". I prefer to control this pronunciation through a screen
reader like orca, where I can introduce the words I want.
Is it possible to disable some words on the dictionary, or disable this
dictionary completely, or what I'm saying doesn't make sense?

What happens if you setup something in Orca's pronunciation
dictionary to replace the string "vi" with something like "vee eye"?

You can add strings to the pronunciation dictionary via the
Pronunciation tab in Orca Preferences.