[orca-list] playing media with totem...

Hi Aruni:

Well what I did mostly is begin from the ground up with my media playing with totem. I re_installed Ubuntu 8.04 then ran the apt-get update to update my sources.list file then I ran apt-get dist-upgrade and let it run all night long downloading and updating. Next I used my package manager to install the Gstreamer plugin. I to received some msging about the license and restrictions but just confirmed they didn't apply, clicked apply the changes, insured the gstreamer was selected for install and applied again.
This allowed the install to take place flawlessly.
I hope this helps:

Mike