Re: [orca-list] quoted text in thunderbird

bart ursys com au (Bart Bunting) writes:

Hi,

I think that using a different voice would be a very good idea in this situation.  For those who don't like
using a voice change to indicate things like this perhaps a "Begin quote" "End quote" anouncement?  Another
option may be to play a sound icon at the beginning of each quoted line.

Please don't do that! There's no need for audio comics, so we should
try to implement the standard behavior of mail clients (to show >).

Another thing I feel very strongly about is a command to either hide the quoted text apart from the first
line or to move over blocks of quoted text.  There is nothing more frustrating than having to arrow over
copious amounts of quoted text.

This would require a proper mark of beginning and ending of the quotes,
such as "begin blockquote" and "End blockquote".
But perhaps we can contact the author of the Quote-colors extension to
make it work for 3.x.
Hermann