To: "Al Puzzuoli" <alpuzz gmail com>
Cc: "Orca screen reader developers" <orca-list gnome org>
Sent: Saturday, June 21, 2008 4:12 PM
Subject: Re: [orca-list] Any experiences accessing VMware server 2.0 beta?

I've run into exactly this same issue. Please advise if you make
progress, and I'll do the same if I get there first.

PS: My intent is to use KVM, but I'm looking for a quick success so was
willing to give vmware a go. Perhaps backing off pre 2.0 might help?
Haven't tried that yet.

Janina

Al Puzzuoli writes:
I just installed this on a system running Ubuntu Hardy. The installation and configuration procedures went fine. The server is up and running; But alas, , I am having serious difficulty accessing the UI. It seems that The UI is now web based. It launches in Firefox; However, from what I can tell, this is a web page trying to masquerade as an application window. There doesn't seem to be any easy method of navigating controls via the keyboard. I'm trying to create my first virtual machine, and am having limited success by poking around with flat review and clicking on what I think are the relevant controls. Has anyone else played with this yet? Are there any alternate UIs, am I missing something, or is this really as bad as it looks at first blush?

Thanks,

Al