Re: [orca-list] Visual Aspects of My Firefox Extensions

Hi Rich.

I am not getting any mail from this list. Is this mail coming through?

ïYour mail is coming through.  Mail from the GNOME servers (including
Bugzilla notifications) today seemed to have up and died.  It's just now
coming back -- at a trickle (of molasses in the wintertime).  We just
have to wait until it catches up I'm afraid and/or use some other
interface (web, RSS, etc.).

I was just noticing that the Jaws cursor seems to show that the listboxes
are somehow not visible. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

I just took a look in Ubuntu and the Links List dialog looks fine.

The Headings List dialog also has a visible listbox populated with list
items.  One can arrow through those items just fine, and the items are
spoken and brailled by Orca when you do so.  But the text of each list
item is not visible.

Comparing the two dialogs in Accerciser, both lists are populated with
list items whose name reflects the item text (i.e. the link text or the
heading text).  In both dialogs, each list item also has a single child
of ROLE_LABEL.  In the links list dialog, the label name is the same as
the list item; in the headings list dialog, however, the label is not
named.  So I'm *guessing* that if you name your labels in the headings
list dialog in the same fashion that you did in the Links List dialog,
your text will suddenly appear on screen.

Is this the issue that JAWS is complaining about?  Without more
information from you and/or trying it myself in JAWS I couldn't tell
you.  I do have a windows partition with JAWS and also a virtualbox with
windows and JAWS (DayJob requirements <sigh>), but the machine on which
both reside are running Orca regression tests at the moment.  If the
above description doesn't answer your questions, let me know and I'll
try your extensions in Windows.

Finally, in the Headings List dialog above the listbox there is some
comment text which I assume you don't want showing, namely "// end of
dialog preamble" (comes immediately before "Choose an item from the list
and press ok."

Hope this helps. Take care.
--Joanie