Re: [orca-list] Locating espeakedit

On 05 Jun, Daniel K. Gartmann <lists danielgartmann dk> wrote:

Is the program to make phonemes etc in espeak, espeakedit included
in the ubuntu 8.04 by default? I have spent a great deal of time
looking for it, but to no avail, so, if it isn't, how can I install
it? I read something about the packages that the program needs in
order to run, but frankly I am not confident enough to begin messing
withindividual packages (smile).

I don't think espeakedit is in the Ubuntu or Debian repositories.

You can use the  espeakedit-1.37.zip  download from the eSpeak
SourceForge site:
  http://espeak.sourceforge.net/

The compiled program binary should run OK on Ububtu 8.04, if you first
install the package:
  libwxgtk2.6-0

from the Ubunbtu repository.