Re: [orca-list] Links List - firefox extension

On Wed, Jun 04, 2008 at 07:49:20PM -0400, Rich Caloggero wrote:
If it is added to Firefox, wouldn't it be better placed in an alternative
menu, like an "Accessibility" menu?

Ya, sounds logical. That'll probably have to wait till the next version
though.  I want to play around with other navigation options and see how
screen readers respond, etc.  If things work out the way I hope they will,
we can have a whole suite of extensions for navigation, and they can all
appear in their own menu.

I think it would be preferable to have a single extension, if possible - just
one package to install. Also, I hope it's released under a suitable open
licence so it can be included by default in operating system distributions.

Debian already packages a number of firefox extensions, for example.

The UIUC accessibility extension already creates an accessibility menu. It
would be important to ensure that the two don't conflict if installed
together.