[orca-list] orca and remote sessions

Hi,

I am trying to gain access to some remote X applications on a linux server at work.

I have ubuntu 8.04 hardy installed with vpnc working to connect me to the corporate network.

Now I use the command:

ssh -X -Y

to connect to the remote server, but when I try to launch any application such as gedit or xterm, the
application displays on my ubuntu desktop, but orca says it is inaccessible.

Is there something I can do to enable these applications to be accessible?
Actually my end goal is to run some java-based applications on the remote server and be able to use them on
my local system. Cuts down on the network delays running the applications locally against remote resources.