[orca-list] Orca and Braille is extremly slow

Hi,

I just installed Orca and Gnome, everything built from source. I built Firefox from source as well. Everything works fine and fast when used by a sighted user without Orca running.

In Gnome panels and desktop, Orca updates the Braille display fast but in Firefox it can be up to 20-30 seconds before I can read new information on the display. BRLTTY in console mode works fine and is very fast.

Does anyone have any suggestions what can cause this? My computer is a quite old 600MHz Celeron with 384 MB of RAM but everything else is fast and I don't think Orca is CPU-intensive.

Is there DBUS problems? Should I disable the watchdog that pings Orca every 5 seconds?

If noone has any ideas, I can ask someone to view the Braille monitor and see how fast it is updated. This will probably tell if it is Braille display communication or Orca that is slow.

I run 2.23 of most things so it can be a development version issue but then I guess other people here would have noticed it. Firefox is Version 3.

Any help is really appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Fredrik