-----Original Message-----
From: orca-list-bounces gnome org
[mailto:orca-list-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of Henning Oschwald
Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2008 3:44 PM
To: orca-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [orca-list] Connecting to a wireless network using Orca

Hi Robin,

On Pungenday, day 57 of Confusion 3174, Robin Kipp wrote:
Thanks for the guide so far. The problem is that this is
gonna run on
a laptop which I will take to many different places. Is there a way
how I can list all available networks?

as root do:
  iwlist wlan0 scan

Or to list only the found SSIDs:

  iwlist wlan0 scan | grep ESSID

Because when I go somewhere and want to connect to an
access point, I
don't know the SSID...

If an access point uses an unencrypted connection (for
example a hot-spot), the connection will be established automatically.

cheers

  Henning

Btw: no need to send list mails also to me directly, I'm
reading the mailinglist. :-) And yes, the list configuration
is right, but some mailers unfortunately lack a reply-to-list feature.