Re: [orca-list] Words get repeated when typing, using word echo.

Hi, Hermann,

I can confirm this behavior. The word repeat does not happen for all words that I type, but I haven't yet found a pattern for which words are repeated. I tend to get two repeats when the word is repeated, with occasionally a single repeat and rarely an infinite repeat until the control key is pressed.

Remember that the Orca developers have a very difficult problem with
Thunderbird and Firefox--they are aiming at a moving target. As the Mozilla programs are developed, the behavior that Orca sees changes. The result is that occasional steps backwards are inevitable.

dave

Hermann wrote:
Hi,
I set Orca to use word echo. When I type text in TB's editor, almost all words get repeated several times. It happens, no matter whether I set navigation control to "Orca" or "Gecko". What went wrong? I feel that Orca made remarkable steps backward since its last update together with the latest TB.
Hermann