[orca-list] Question about the notification pannel

Hello list:
I know it is not currently possible to access the notification area or what some may call the system tray, but are there any console tools that one could send, say a maximize command, to an application that I know is running in this area? The problem is if I have an application such as pidgin minimized to this area I can't access it accept to run a killall pidgin from the terminal to completely shut it down.

Thanks,

Doug